Cauliflower Fried Rice
It is probably an awful idea for me to be writing this at 5am...now all i am going to want all day is this cauliflower fried rice! So I have bought the frozen bags of riced cauliflower but this was my first time ricing my own cauliflower, and now I don't know why I haven't done it more.
I loved this recipe from Primavera Kitchen because all the ingredients were super simple and it has 5 steps in the instructions! I mean seriously, how easy. I didn't add the sesame seeds and green onions, when it says "top with" I usually ignore those ingredients...oops.
I did however add 2 things to this already great recipe. First was chicken, I just cooked it separately, shredded it, and then mixed it in at the end. When I am making something like this for dinner I almost always add a protein. You could easily add a fried egg or steak if you don't want chicken. Second was Yum Yum sauce, you know that amazing sauce that is like crack at Hibachi, yeah that stuff!!!! I didn't put it in the entire dish I just mixed a little in each of our bowls right before we devoured it. :)
Alright here we go! Recipe from Primavera Kitchen
Cauliflower Fried Rice
1 medium head of cauliflower — cut into florets
2 tablespoons sesame oil 3 eggs — beaten
½ cup white onion — diced
1 cup carrot — diced (you replace carrot for orange bell pepper to make it low-carb)
2 garlic cloves — minced
1 cup frozen green peas — you can replace green peas for green bell pepper to make it low-carb or Whole30
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos if you're doing Whole30 (I just used low sodium soy sauce since that is what I had)
Fresh black pepper for taste
6 green onions — minced (I didn't add)
Sesame seed for garnishing (I didn't add)
1. Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
2. In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and stir them until they are cooked. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add one more tablespoon of sesame oil, onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook until the veggies are fully cooked.
4. Add the cauliflower rice, green peas, soy sauce, black pepper, and the cooked eggs. Mix everything well to combine. Be careful to not overcook a lot the cauliflower otherwise it will become soggy.
5. Before serving, top with green onions and sesame seed. Enjoy!